We are clearly still working on the “blog” aspect of our account, but something we do know people want is this recipe. A heads up these are NOT healthy, however, you will make everyone happy when you bake them-Happy New Year, let’s get this healthy party started am I right?
I originally made these cookies about 4-5 years ago for a family gathering and they’ve been a hit since. As much as I would LOVE to claim I came up with the recipe myself, I didn’t. If you actually google the “Land O Lakes jumbo chocolate chip cookie recipe” that’s it. I made some slight adjustments but same ingredients. I do have a few “secrets” to making my cookies perfect every time. Warning, you will more than likely end up making these for every Holiday/Special Occasion moving forward.
1. Follow the directions (hopefully Jessica is reading this because she seems to have a hard time with that) be sure to mix wet ingredients followed by dry ingredients, then slowly mix the dry with the wet.
2. Make sure the Butter is soft NOT melted big difference 🙂
3. Mix Chocolate chips in by hand
4. Dough must sit covered in the fridge for at least an hour prior to baking can sit for 24 hours
5. Bake for 10 min, the cookies will look super soft (that’s what makes them so amazing), immediately use a spatula to place them on a cooling rack.
45 MIN PREP TIME
1 1/2 cups Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat at low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in medium size chunks no need to round the dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown, place on cooling rack.
- Variations: Macadamia Nuts & White Chocolate chips, Festive M&M’s, Peanut butter M&M’s, Mini & regular chocolate chips ect
After writing this, I’m now off to book Barry’s Bootcamp.